PSO Staff Officers and Senior NCO Orientation Course
Program is focused on delivering basic working knowledge and skills necessary for staff member at battalion level Headquarters in multinational environment.
The aim of the course is to train officers and NCOs for staff duties at tactical level Headquarters in Multinational Operations. Course Program is focused on delivering basic working knowledge and skills necessary for staff member at battalion level Headquarters in multinational environment.
- Basics of the UN System and UN Peacekeeping Operations.
- Legal framework for peace operations.
- UN Peacekeeping Operations functioning, main features and standards.
- Basic skills: military map reading, land navigation, radio voice procedures, negotiation and mediation.
- UN Battalion organization base model, deployment profile, core capabilities and tasks.
- Military Decision Making Process (MDMP).
- Map exercise: UN Battalion-based scenario, with application of the 7-step MDMP.
- Officers and senior NCOs (OR-6 to OF-3). Previous working experience within national staff elements at tactical level is preferred.
- Language proficiency: English (STANAG 6001), 2222. No additional training or translation will be provided.
Number of participants
Up to 30
Course is open to all partner countries for participation.
There is no course fee. The Serbian Ministry od Defence covers the expenses of accommodation, meals and tuition. International transportation and other costs related to foreign student's travel to Serbia are sending country's responsibility. PKOC will provide transportation from Belgrade airport/train/bus main station to PKOC facility.
Necessary Documents and Other
- UN Infantry Battalion Manual
- APP 6A – Map Symbols
Course is conducted in cooperation with PSOTC, from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
PKOC Training Department
Phone: +381 11 (0) 2063-274; +381 (0) 11 2063-204
Fax: +381 (0) 11 3005-090