Awards for Members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces Who Achieved Extraordinary Results
Saturday, 30.5.2020 | News
The Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin, the Chief of the General Staff of the Serbian Armed Forces, General Milan Mojsilović and Secretary General of the Association of Serbian Insurers, Duško Jovanović, presented commendations and monetary awards to members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces who achieved extraordinary results and showed exceptional commitment and dedication in their work, at today’s ceremony held in the Great War Hall of the Old General Staff.
By the decision of the Minister of Defence, 30 members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces were awarded for the achievements of saving lives and eliminating the effects of natural and technological disasters; extraordinary results and exceptional commitment and dedication shown in the performance of duties; achieved results in the field of science and development of materiel, as well as results in the field of culture and sports.
Addressing the audience, Minister Vulin pointed out that all the award-winners performed their duty and that all of them would be equally proud, reliable and diligent even if there was no reward. Minister Vulin emphasizes that the virtue of award-winners is that they did not ask for the award, which is the reason why Serbia is immensely proud of them.
- The Supreme Commander of the Serbian Armed Forces, Aleksandar Vučić, gave us the task of being available to Serbia. We fulfilled the order, we did our best and none of you asked what the risk was or said that it was too dangerous, that you might get sick. None of you thought about yourselves, about your health, or even your families. The first thing you thought about was your only Serbia and the armed forces you serve. Serbia could be peaceful and confident, and it knew that we would win the moment the Serbian Armed Forces became visible, the moment they were there, exactly where they were needed - said Minister Vulin.
Minister Vulin stresses that the Serbian Armed Forces were and will be invincible because no one has ever been able to tell where the armed forces end and the people begin.
- So it was and so it will be. You were a part of the people, the best part of the people - brave, organized, responsible, capable of inspiring strength, self-confidence and trust. You protected each other, and you primarily protected our citizens who needed help. That is why we are here today and that is why I am proud that the Association of Serbian Insurers has recognized you. They felt the need to thank you on behalf of their industry for your selfless, enormous work and for not thinking of yourselves but of each of us and that in the years to come the state of Serbia can be peaceful and stable, safe and confident, because it has such armed forces, armed forces that you make - concluded the Minister of Defence.
On behalf of the Association of Serbian Insurers, which provided funds for awards to members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces, Secretary General of the Association, Duško Jovanović, addressed the audience, thanking the members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces for everything they have done for Serbia, and especially in the last couple of months, during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The virus caught the whole world unprepared, unlike Serbia, which together with members of the Serbian Armed Forces managed to solve and overcome this problem more elegantly and painlessly than other countries in the world - Jovanović pointed out and once again congratulated and thanked the award-winners and promised that the Association will continue to help and will always be there for the Serbian Armed Forces.
On behalf of the award-winners, Lieutenant Colonel Željko Avramović of the First Army Brigade’s 19th Logistics Battalion addressed the audience, thanking the Minister of Defence for the incentive measures granted. He pointed out that this year was full of challenges for members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces, especially during the period of fight against the Covid-19 disease.
- Everything we did in the days behind us, we did for the benefit of the citizens of Serbia, our families, and the Republic of Serbia. We performed all tasks professionally, honestly and selflessly, which is our duty, but also the quality of all our members - said Lieutenant Colonel Avramović and added that the way in which the highest state and military leadership recognizes and values their engagement is a special incentive for them to achieve equal or even better results in the future.
Among the members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces awarded for the heroic deed of saving lives is Major Predrag Mitrović from the Training Command’s Banat Brigade Development Command, who together with his colleague, Lance Corporal Gabrijel Stan, saved the life of a person who had a car accident in March this year on the road between Zrenjanin and Kikinda.
- The gesture of the Minister of Defence, as well as the fact that I saved someone's life, is a great incentive for me in my further service and work, and I hope that it is an adequate example for all my colleagues of how to act in some similar situations - said Major Mitrović.
The Commander of the Healthcare Section in the 17th Mechanized Battalion of the First Army Brigade, Lieutenant Milica Stojković, was awarded for extraordinary results and exceptional commitment and sacrifice shown in performing regular duties in the field of healthcare.
- A very difficult period is behind us, but we, as members of the armed forces, were given a very responsible task in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus epidemic. We approached the task responsibly and professionally, guided primarily by love for our country. It is a great honour for me to be awarded and I consider it a great incentive for further work. I am also proud that, as a doctor, I was in a position to help our people, the armed forces and the country that educated me - said Lieutenant Stojković.
Corporal Đuro Borbelj from the First Army Brigade’s 18th Engineer Battalion was awarded for the results achieved in the field of culture and sports. He says that the award he received today has a special meaning for him and that each award is an incentive to achieve something bigger in the future.
- I am very honoured and grateful to the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces and the Association of Serbian Insurers, who had the time, attention and resources in this difficult time of struggle for the health of Serbian citizens, to show that they think of members and athletes of the Serbian Armed Forces - said Corporal Borbelj.
08/21/2020 President of Republic and Supreme Commander Aleksandar Vučić Attended Demonstration of Capabilities of Part of Serbian Armed Forces Units