126th ASEWG Brigade
The area of responsibility of the 126th ASEWG Brigade covers the aerial space over the Republic of Serbia with aerial access routes. The unit disseminates information on the current situation in air space to those parties in need of such information within the Defense System.
- 126th ASEWG BrigadeCommander, 126th ASEWG Brigade, Colonel Predrag Đorđević
- HQ Company
- 20th ASEWG Battalion
- 31st ASEWG Battalion
- Battalion for Aero Technical Maintenance and Supply
According to its organization and formation structure and equipment, 126th Airborne Surveillance, Early Warning and Guidance (ASEWG) Brigade is intended for:
- conducting air space early warning and continuous control in the assigned area of responsibility,
- informing certain users of the Republic of Serbia Defence System about the situation in air space,
- guiding combat aviation – fighter, providing navigation support to aircrafts in need and directing air defense artillery-missile units to targets in air space,
- providing data to command system in Air Defence for the sake of timely decision-making, and
- providing maintenance of radar-computing systems, automated systems, telecommunication-information security resources, electric generators and motor vehicles in prescribed levels of maintenance in ASEWG units.
Colonel Predrag Djordjević is the Commander of 126th ASEWG Brigade.
Tasks of the 126th Brigade
The 126th ASEWG Brigade conducts the following tasks:
- continuous surveillance of air space in the area of responsibility,
- timely detecting and continuous monitoring of targets in air space within tactical-technical possibilities of radar-computing systems and passive surveillance systems,
- organizes and conducts collecting, processing, presenting and distributing data about the situation in air space to all levels of command in air defense and certain users within the Republic of Serbia Defence System,
- conducts radar security and guidance of combat aviation – fighter, as well as directing air defense artillery-missile units to targets in air space,
- provides navigation support to aircrafts in need,
- if required, directs other types of aviation,
- conducts identification of targets in air space,
- analyses possibilities of surveillance and guidance in air space and conducts necessary measures for their improvement,
- studies the territory of the area of responsibility and selects and arranges basic, reserve, false and follow-on radar positions,
- conducts maintenance of radar-computing systems and automated systems, as well as technical support of other resources.
Armament of the 126th Brigade
The following radar-computing resources and systems are used in the 126th ASEWG Brigade:
- S-605/654 surveillance radar
- S-613 height measuring radar
- AN/TPS-70 three-dimensional radar
- АS-74 and AS-84 automated systems
Background of the 126th Brigade
After the break down of the SFRY, 126th ASEWG Brigade was formed out of the existing three regiments, on 12 October 1992.
During the 1999 military operations, the unit successfully conducts its tasks for all 78 days. Unit was awarded the Order of the National Hero for its outstanding courage and achieved results during the military operation in 1999.
18 June is celebrated as the Day of 126th ASEWG Brigade. On this day, in 1915, Serbian Supreme Command issued an order to form steady surveillance signal stations, in order to mark the direction of enemy airplanes’ flights.
Based on this, several stations were formed in then Third Army, in the areas of Drinska, Timocka and Combined division.
Address: 2 Raska St., Belgrade
Phone: +381 11 3053-282
Fax: +381 (0) 11 3053-134