Air Control, Protection and Allocation SectionAir Control, Protection and Allocation Section was formed as an organizational unit within the Serbia and Montenegro Air Traffic Services Agency (SMATSA) with a goal of respresenting and expressing legitimate interests of Air Force of Serbian Armed Forces.
The Section assumed the obligations from the membership in international organizations, in accordance with an agreement between the Ministry of Defence, Republic of Serbia and the Serbia and Montenegro Air Traffic Services Agency.
Air Control, Protection and Allocation Section is an operational department with developing componenets within ATM Service in the SMATSA composition.
Air Control, Protection and Allocation Section has the following organizational structure:
- Air Control and Protection Subsection,
- Allocation Subsection.
Scope of Work of the ACPAS
Basic and set tasks of developing component of Air Control, Protection and Allocation Section are:
- Engaging in preparation and development of working documents, work and coordination manual and procedures for dealing with particular situations,
- Monitoring that existing manuals are in compliance with the user’s needs,
- Engaging in preparation and implementation of Flexible Use of Airspace (FUA) Concept,
- Engaging in working groups and teams from civil-military coordination on European level and assessment of the impact on the SMATSA, Serbian Armed Forces, civil-military coordination and use of airspace,
- Harmonization of civil-military expert position regarding all future programs and projects that have impact on civil-military coordination and cooperation,
- Preparing programs and their implementation for security and civil-military upgrading in compliance with international standards,
- National and international cooperation.
Basic work and operational component’s tasks of the Air Control and Protection Subection include implementation of prescribed national procedures and decision making in cases of:
- airspace violation,
- unauthorized unloading of cargo or other hazardous substances and
- events that can lead to RENEGADE situation (using the airspace as a weapon of terrorism).
These also include:
- Proposing and initiating measures for using on duty forces of air defence system
- Coordination among all interested parties during the event management process
- Threat estimation and analysis of our airspace security
- Cooperation and coordination with national and international actors
Basic work and operational component’s tasks of the Allocation Section:
- Decision making on efficient use of airspace on pre-tactical and tactical phases of ASM level (one day before and one day after)
- Analysis and collection of requirements for using the airspace by civilian and military users that may require temporary segregation, including decisions related to major military exercises and airshows
- Decision making on allocation of TSA (Temporary Segregated Area) based on written request of the commander of the aviation unit in accordance with an Instruction on activation of TSA
- Resolving conflicting demands – decision making about allocation of TSA zones and CDR routes
- Publication on airspace allocation decisions through the airspace use plan (AUP)
- Publication on updated airspace use plan (UUP).