1st Army Brigade
The 1st Army Brigade is intended for accomplishing the SAF missions and tasks through the development and improvement of operational capabilities and achieving the required force availability for conducting operations, assisting civil authorities in disaster relief during natural, technological and other disasters.
- 1st Army BrigadeCommander, 1st Army Brigade, Brigadier General Zoran Nasković
- 10th HQ Battalion
- 11th Infantry Battalion
- 111th Infantry Battalion
- 12th Self-propelled Artillery Battalion
- 13th Self-propelled Multiple Rocket Launcher Battalion
- 14th Air Defence Artillery Missile Battalion
- 15th Tank Battalion
- 16th Mechanized Battalion
- 17th Mechanized Battalion
- 18th Engineer Battalion
- 19th Logistic Battalion
The 1st Army Brigade is composed of the headquarters and 11 battalion-sized units – infantry, armored mechanized, artillery, air defence artillery missile, engineer, logistic and signal units.
The 1st Army Brigade is headquartered in Novi Sad and the units are stationed in Bačka Topola, Sremska Mitrovica, Pančevo and Novi Sad.
Brigadier General Zoran Nasković is the Commander of the 1st Army Brigade.
Tasks of the 1st Army Brigade
The 1st Army Brigade performs the following tasks:
- building and maintaining operational capabilities.
- training the headquarters and units for conducting the assigned tasks.
- securing the administrative line with Kosovo and Metohija and control over the Ground Safety Zone.
- preparing and deploying the units for assisting civil authorities in disaster relief in case of natural, technological and other disasters.
- preparation and participation in multinational operations.
Background of the 1st Army Brigade
The 1st Army Brigade was formed on 31 July 2006, from the units of the former Novi Sad Corps, parts of the 1st Armored Brigade and two pontoon battalions (402nd and 485th Pontoon Battalions).
The 1st Army Brigade celebrates 9 November as its day. On that day in 1918, the 7th Infantry Regiment of the Army the Kingdom of Serbia, led by Major Vojislav Bugarski, marched into Novi Sad. On 25 November 1918, The Great People’s Assembly announced the annexation of Banat, Baranja and Bačka to the Kingdom of Serbia.
Address: 33 Dunavksa St., Novi Sad
Phone: +381 (0) 21 522-550
Fax: + 381 (0) 21 522-550