Finance SectionThe Finance Section (J-8) is an organizational unit of the Serbian Armed Forces General Staff responsible for (1) financial affairs, and (2) control over management of funds and expenditures in the Serbian Armed Forces (SAF).
The Finance Section comprises Financial Management Subsection and Assessment and Reporting Group.
Lieutenant Colonel Radovan Damnjanović, PhD is the Head of the Finance Section (J-8).
Tasks of the Finance Section
The Finance Section perform the tasks in the fields of Financial Affairs, Control and Financial Service Personnel Management.
- Allocation of the Serbian Armed Forces budget;
- Analyses of the Serbian Armed Forces financial management;
- Consolidated periodic and annual reports;
- Quarterly plans of the Serbian Armed Forces budget execution and income planning;
- Consideration of possibilities to finance additional requests;
- Inventory of movables in the Serbian Armed Forces;
- Documents regulating financial management and control in the Serbian Armed Forces;
- Documents for mobilization and financial service in preparing mobilization, as well as during mobilization and wartime; and
- Clarification, objections and expert opinions on the implementation of regulations in the field of financial and asset management.
- Control of financial and asset management in units and establishments of the Serbian Armed Forces;
- Participation in the Serbian Armed Forces General Staff teams for inspection of functional capabilities and compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
Financial Service Personnel Management
- Proposals of an organization of the financial service in the Serbian Armed Forces;
- Proposals of appointments in the financial service in the Serbian Armed Forces; and
- Proposals of the scope of work of the financial service in the Serbian Armed Forces.
Background of the Finance Section
The Financial Department of the National Defence Commissariat was established on November 8, 1944. It became the governing body of the financial service for the entire People's Liberation Army of Yugoslavia. At the same time, elements of financial service were established in all commands. With the establishment of the Department, the financial service was for the first time legally constituted as a separate service of the military organization on the territory of Yugoslavia.
The legislation on public finance of the Republic of Serbia started to have impact on the organizational structure and functions of the financial service of the armed forces in 2005, when the Material and Financial Management Department of the Logistics Sector of the Serbian Armed Forces General Staff was disbanded, and the Finance Section was established as an organizational unit of the Serbian Armed Forces General Staff, directly subordinate to the Chief of the General Staff of the Serbian Armed Forces, as the highest command authority responsible for the total funds allocated to the Serbian Armed Forces.
The current structure of the Finance Section (J-8), SAF GS was established following the transformation activities in the SAF in 2011.
Address: 25 Savska St., Belgrade
Phone: +381 (0) 11 2063-868
Fax: +381 (0) 11 2063-537