Mixed Artillery Brigade
Mixed Artillery Brigade is a unit of the Army designated to provide artillery and missile support in the operational area of the Army units.
- Mixed Artillery BrigadeCommander, Mixed Artillery Brigade, Colonel Dejan Novaković
- HQ Battalion
- 1st Cannon and Howitzer Artillery Battalion
- 2nd Cannon and Howitzer Artillery Battalion
- 3rd Cannon Artillery Battalion
- 4th Cannon Artillery Battalion
- Self-propelled Cannon and Howitzer Artillery Battalion
- Mixed Missile Artillery Battalion
- 69th Logistic Battalion
Mixed Artillery Brigade comprises HQ Battalion, two cannon and howitzer battalions, two cannon and artillery battalions, one self-propelled cannon and howitzer battalion, one mixed rocket artillery battalion and logistics battalion. The HQ and the units of the Mixed Artillery Brigade are based in Niš.
Commander of the Mixed Artillery Brigade is Colonel Dejan Novaković.
Tasks of the Mixed Artillery Brigade
Mixed Artillery Brigade is tasked with:
- building and maintaining operational capabilities to perform tasks within SAF missions
- training commands and units for specific tasks
- preparing and deploying units to provide support to civil authorities in relief operations dealing with the consequences of natural disasters and catastrophes.
Background of the Mixed Artillery Brigade
14th September is celebrated as the Day of the Mixed Artillery Brigade. On that day in 1918, artillery preparation for the breakthrough of the Thessaloniki front which lasted until the beginning of the breakthrough on September 15th at 05.30 hrs. About 2,000 artillery tubes sounded the beginning of the long-awaited attack of the allied armies on the Thessaloniki front and the end of the Serbian Golgotha in the WW1. During the 20-hour long artillery preparation, Bulgarian artillery was destroyed, wire obstacles smashed, ditches plowed and conditions created for the First and Second Serbian Army to start the breakthrough of the Thessaloniki front. Target selection, accuracy and performance of artillery fire surpassed all artillery operations ever conducted.
Mixed Artillery Brigade was formed on 4 June 2007 and it continues the tradition of 203rd Mixed Artillery Brigade that was operational from 1988 till 2006.
Address: Jadranska St., Niš
Phone: +381 (0) 18 508-001
Fax: +381 (0) 18 508-266