Deputy Chief of General StaffThe Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Serbian Armed Forces assists the Chief of General Staff in developing plans, organization and engagement of the Armed Forces and controlling subordinates, as well as in coordinating work with the organizational units of the Ministry of Defence.
- Deputy Chief of General StaffDeputy Chief of General Staff, Serbian Armed Force, Major General Petar Cvetković
The Deputy Chief of the General Staff is also a peacetime commander of the Joint Operations Command (JOC).
The Deputy Chief of the General Staff:
- guides the preparation of decisions, assessments, claims, orders and other documents related to the building of operational and functional capability of the Serbian Armed Forces, which are to be considered and passed by the President and Minister of Defence;
- coordinates the activities and participates in the preparation of legal, sub-legal, planning and other documents, which are to be created by the Ministry of Defence, and which influence the building of operational and functional capability of the Serbian Armed Forces;
- coordinates the activities and is responsible for the development of a Defence Plan which refers to the preparation and engagement of the Serbian Armed Forces;
- is responsible for the implementation of organizational and formation changes, as well as manning of the Serbian Armed Forces;
- coordinates the activities of civil-military cooperation (CIMIC) which fall under General Staff’s competence;
- commands the Joint Operations Command;
- in case of the Chief of General Staff’s absence, he stands in for him and performs tasks under the Chief of General Staff’s authority.
Тhe Deputy Chief of Serbian Armed Forces General Staff is Major General Petar Cvetković, having been appointed on 9 October 2018.