UN Military Observers Course
Course Program is focused on roles and responsibilities of a Military Observer at Team Site / Sector HQ, working techniques and procedures.
The aim of the course is to train officers of the Serbian Armed Forces for Military Observer duties in a UN Peacekeeping Operation. Course Program is focused on roles and responsibilities of a Military Observer at Team Site/Sector HQ, working techniques and procedures. The course builds on the knowledge acquired in the Peacekeeping Operations Basic Course with the addition of topics specific to Military Observer duties and tasks.
- Basics of the UN System and UN Peacekeeping Operations.
- Legal framework for peace operations.
- UN Peacekeeping Operations functioning, main features and standards of effective implementation of the UN peacekeeping mandates.
- Core duties and responsibilities of UN Military Observers.
- UN Military Observers working techniques and procedures.
- Field exercise: exercising practical skills and working procedures at the UN Military Observers Team Site.
- Nationally trained staff officers (OF-1 to OF3).
- Language proficiency: English (STANAG 6001), 2222. (candidates will be tested in English – written and oral test). Candidates who pass the test will continue with the Course Program. No additional training or translation will be provided.
- Candidates must have valid driving license (national „B” category is minimum requirement).
- Computer skills are required (MS Office package).
Number of participants
Up to 20
There is no course fee. The Serbian MoD covers the expenses of accommodation, meals and tuition.
PKOC Training Department
Phone: +381 11 (0) 2063-274; +381 (0) 11 2063-204
Fax: +381 (0) 11 3005-090