2nd Army Brigade
The 2nd Army Brigade is tasked with accomplishing missions of the Serbian Armed Forces by developing and improving operational readiness and achieving the required level of military effectiveness in order to conduct operations and support civilian authorities in natural disasters, technical, technological and other accidents.
- 2nd Army BrigadeCommander, 2nd Army Brigade, Brigadier General Siniša Stašević
- 20th HQ Battalion
- 21st Infantry Battalion
- 22nd Infantry Battalion
- 23rd Self-propelled Howitzer Artillery Battalion
- 24th Multiple Rocket Launcher Battalion
- 25th Air Defence Artillery Missile Battalion
- 26th Tank Battalion
- 27th Mechanized Battalion
- 28th Mechanized Battalion
- 29th Logistic Battalion
- 210th Engineer Battalion
The 2nd Army Brigade comprises infantry, armored, artillery, air defence artillery, engineer. logistics and signal units. The 2nd Army Brigade consists of the Brigade HQ and 11 battalion-size units.
The 2nd Army Brigade HQ is based in Kraljevo and the units are based in Raška, Novi Pazar, Valjevo and Kraljevo.
Brigadier General Siniša Stašević is the Commander of the 2nd Army Brigade.
Tasks of the 2nd Army Brigade
The 2nd Army Brigade is tasked with:
- Building and maintaining the operational readiness to conduct tasks within all three missions of the Serbian Armed Forces,
- Providing security of the administrative boundary line towards Kosovo and Metohija and control of the Ground Safety Zone,
- Training commands and units for special tasks within the missions of the Serbian Armed Forces,
- Participating of the Brigade members in the UN peacekeeping missions,
- Preparing and deploying units to provide support to civilian authorities in addressing consequences of natural disasters and catastrophes.
Background of 2nd Army Brigade
The 2nd Army Brigade was established on 28 March 2007 by merging parts of 252nd Armored Brigade, 20th Motorized Brigade, 305th Engineer Brigade, 37th Motorized Brigade and 401st Air Defence Artillery Brigade. It also comprises parts of 282nd Signal Battalion, 24th Special Operations Battalion and 524th Logistic Base. The ceremony concerning the formation of the Brigade was held in Jovan Kursula Barracks in Kraljevo.
The 2nd Army Brigade celebrates its day on July 12. On this date in 1805, Đorđe Petrović Karađorđe, the leader of the First Serbian Uprising, defeated the Turkish Army with 6,000 soldiers and liberated Karanovac (the name of Kraljevo at that time) and its surroundings. In history, this event is known as the Battle of Karanovac. The complete victory and liberation of Karanovac was achieved not only by successful command but also by negotiation skills of Karađorđe.
Address: 4 Crnogorska St., Kraljevo
Phone: +381 (0) 36 308-033
Fax: +381 (0) 36 308-448